Have you ever thought of writing without typing? Well, this might seem imaginary to the users and they may not be able to consider this as true.
But, the dictate feature has allowed the users to transform this dream into reality. Yes, you read that right. Now, users will be allowed to make their writing work a simplified one by using the dictate feature available for Windows as well as Mac users.
However, there are certain limitations to using the feature. You may not be able to use it unless your device meets the minimum system requirements for using it.
Other than this, you need to make certain configurations in it so that you can get started with using it.
Therefore, in this article, we shall discover all the necessary details about using the dictate feature. First up, we will discuss the requirements and then the method to make the necessary configurations.
Prior to using the dictate feature, you need the following
- The first thing you will be needing is a device on which you can easily use your microphone for the dictating purpose.
- Your device on which you have installed Office should also have Insider build 16.32 (19120802) or later installed on it.
- Other than this, provide a high-speed internet connection to your PC.
- Make sure there is as less noise as possible in the background.
- Additionally, you need to sign in to your account which is associated with your Office subscription.
- It is recommended to use a Mic that is specifically made for the dictation purpose to ensure you make the most out of the dictate feature.
Make configuration to enable the dictate feature
Read Also >> Easily integrate Microsoft Teams and your phone
- First up you need to turn on the microphone.
- Select the preferred language with which you will dictate Word to write the given command.
- To select the preferred language, use the drop-down menu.
- Make the necessary changes in the settings of your microphone or the device’s audio function.
To start the dictation,
- First of all, you need to launch your Word application on your Apple device.
- If you do not have it, then you may download it via the Apple App Store.
- After that, select the ‘Home’ button.
- Further, click on the ‘Dictate’ option.
- Now, you will see its icon on the ribbon.
- Then, click on its icon and wait for a couple of seconds.
- Ensure that the rod colored dot appears on your screen.
- Begin speaking the desired words which you wish to sew on your document.
- Make the necessary corrections, click on the ‘Dictate’ button and you are done.
Make sure to pronounce the words clearly in order to avoid any writing mistakes. To add any punctuation mark, you may either use the keyboard or speak the name of it.
Microsoft never saves the information you are dictating to Word, hence you should not worry about the disclosure of any sensitive info dictated to it. In case your language is not listed in the Languages drop-down menu, then you may send a feedback to Microsoft for adding the same.