The Strikethrough text in an Excel sheet enables the user to stay alert on the numbers or the text that might have been changed or are irrelevant and are not in need. The font will simultaneously display the information that indicates the information is not needed to be used.
With different versions of Excel, you can access the Strikethrough effect in different places. Mostly, the Strikethrough option is available in almost every version of Excel. However, for some versions, there is no option to access the Strikethrough settings.
It is important to understand that third-party tools can also help you to insert the Strikethrough text on the Excel application. It is important to understand that MS Office supports the Strikethrough option in Windows and Mac OS along with Excel Online apps.
Remember, if you work with valuable yet sensitive information in the Excel spreadsheet then just avoid using the third party website. In this article, you will learn how to use Strikethrough in Excel.
Where is the Strikethrough text option available on Excel?
Read Also >> How to record Skype calls and manage them on your device?
- First of all, just tap and open the “Excel” app.
- Just select the cells that contain the data which you wish to format.
- Tap on the “Format cells” launcher and tap on the “Strikethrough” option.
- In the next step, tap on the “Strikethrough” option under the “Effects” option on-screen.
- You need to save the workbook and then reopen the Excel app on the web browser to see the changes.
How to access the Strike through text option in the Excel Online app?
- Go to the Office live Excel sheet website and sign in to the MS Office account, if prompted.
- After this, you need to open the Excel sheet in which you want to enter “Strikethrough” text.
- You need to select the cells to enter the Strike through.
- Just choose the Strikethrough format to add the needful.
- Remember, the selected cells will show the “Strike through text”.
How to work with Strike through Text in Excel Windows?
- First of all, open the Excel sheet in which you want to enter the Strike through text.
- Choose the cells in which you want to enter the Strike through.
- Just select Format cell launcher to access the formatting cells options.
- Now, you have to select the checkbox under the Effect options.
- After this step, just select the “OK” button.
- You will see all the contents as Strikethrough texts.
How to use strikethrough text in Excel for android and iOS apps?
- You can open the web browser that your mobile device is using and enter the address to access strikethrough text.
- Enter the text that is to be displayed as Strikethrough in Excel.
- After this, you will see a sample text with Strikethrough.
- All you need to tap on the “Copy to clipboard” option and return to the device home screen.
- Just tap on the “Excel” app and select the file on which you wish to insert the Strike through text.
- Now, tap on the cell for inserting the Strike through text.
- Depending on the device, you can either tap on the “Paste” option or tap on the Clipboard icon to paste the contents in the selected cell.
- Adjust the contents of the cell, if disturbed.
- You will now be able to see the Strikethrough text in the Excel sheet.
The above article has given your meaningful guidelines to access Strikethrough text options online, Windows, Mac, or even on your Mobile devices. However, if you still have certain queries related to the topic or you are stuck somewhere between the steps, then visit the official Microsoft website where you can get blogs and articles relevant to the same. Moreover, you get technical assistance if you have queries related to the issues.