Is your smartphone away and wish to make a skype call? Worry not, you can. But, now you might be wondering how this is possible without the app you have downloaded on your phone. Well, there is an alternative for those who are unable to access their smart devices due to certain reasons.
Skype for web feature allows you to enjoy all the features and functionalities that are provided by the app. Yes, you read that right. Many of us are unaware of this and those who know about it don’t know how to use it.
For them, I have compiled a list of some of the interesting features of Skype for Web along with the way to use it.
- The platform works the same as the application.
- Have options to do HD video call and audio call.
- You can engage in an instant messaging conversation.
- The timeline view allows you to get access to the contacts you used lately.
- There is also the notifications feature to let you know about the recent activities.
- You can have an eye on the notification even if you are not running it as the current window.
- With the help of ‘Chat Media Gallery’ you can gain access to the link of all the images you have shared with others.
Why should you use Skype for the web?
Most of us only know that Skype for the web is available only as an application, but when we learn that we can use it as a web platform, this surprises us a little. The same fact makes us feel how the web platform is going to be useful for us.
Read Also >> Comprehensive details on the latest updates in Microsoft 365
Well, you get all the features of the app in it and you wouldn’t find anything missing in it. When you gain full access to the web app and log in to your account, your contacts automatically appear on the page so that you can enjoy calling on the go.
No matter if you are at your home or not, the platform can be used from any corner of the world from any device. All you need is access to the internet and your skype credentials. Now, the question is how does one use it? Well, the answer lies right below. But, before that, we shall discuss some prerequisites for using it.
- Windows users need to be running on Windows 10 and Mac users should have macOS 10.12 or higher.
- Works on Google Chrome, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
- You also need to download a plug-in before you access the calling feature.
- You would not be able to use it on Chromebooks.
How to use Skype for the Web?
If you follow the steps given below carefully, you will be able to use skype for the web without any interruptions.
- So, to begin, go to Skype.com from any web browser.
- Else, visit the URL web.skype.com.
- Now, you will see the Skype Sign In page.
- Here, enter the ID and password of your Skype account.
- Else, log in with your Microsoft account.
- Once you log in successfully, you will be able to make calls.
- On making your first call, you will be asked to download the plug-in.
- Do as prompted and you are done.
This was all about using skype for the web. If you wish to know more about this feature, you may navigate to the official website of Microsoft and get answers to all your queries.