If you are one of those users who prefer to do a Skype call to communicate then you will surely love to use it with Alexa. Once you have paired and synced both Alexa and Skype, then your Alexa device can easily be used and will be able to work with hands-free access of your contacts in your Skype account.
After this you can command Alexa to make video or voice calls, wherein the picture quality depends upon the device you used. Remember, you will not be able to perform a skype call with Alexa with that person you are calling through does not have an Alexa enabled device.
There are certain Alexa -enabled devices that do support Skype software such as Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Plus, Amazon Dot, and Amazon Echo Spot.
There are basically three requirements you need to make for a hands-free skype call using Alexa devices:
- First of all, make sure that you are having a skype account that can be logged in using your credentials.
- In the next step, you need to grant Alexa to access your Skype account.
- The final step says that you need to command your Alexa device to make calls using the Skype application.
Point to remember: The moment you link your Skype account with Alexa, you will be there and then get 100 free minutes every month or every two months.
What are the steps for pairing Alexa with Skype?
If you wish to use skype with Alexa then you need to allow Alexa to access the Skype account. You can easily do it via the Alexa app. Just follow the steps given below to complete the process:
- You need to keep your Skype account details ready with you. Remember the Skype is a product of Microsoft Office, so the details or the credentials must be associated with the office.com/setup account.
- In the next step, you have to open the Alexa app on your device.
- Just make sure you are using the latest version of the Alexa device.
- Now, tap on the “Hamburger” looking like an icon that stands for “Menu”.
- From the menu list, you now have to tap on the “Settings” option.
- You have to scroll down and select the “Communications” under the “Alexa preferences” tab.
- Now, from the “Accounts” tab, you have to select the “Skype” option and then tap on the “Sign In” page.
- Once you have completed the sign-in process, just tap on the “Done” option.
- On the next screen, you will be able to see the commands that you can use with the Alexa device.
How to make/ receive a Skype call with Alexa?
With Alexa synced with your Skype account and making the Skype calls is very easy, all you need to do is to deliver appropriate commands to the Alexa device such as “Alexa, call XYZ on Skype/ Alexa, call XYZ’s mobile number on Skype or Alexa, call 555-123-XXXX on Skype.
You need to understand that you can also receive calls via Skype only. The moment you do the same, you will just hear some similar Skype ringtones along with set notification tones the moment someone calls. On the other hand, if your skype is synced with Alexa, then you will be able to see the person who is calling you if they have video-enabled on their respective devices. If you wish to receive the call, you just have to say “Alexa, answer” to receive the call, and then you will be having a conversation on Skype as you use to do with the device earlier. For more information related to this topic, you can visit the Microsoft website that goes by the URL office.com/setup.