The MS Lync that is usually known as MS Office Communicator is curated to work with the applications offered by the MS Office. The services that are offered by MS Office are mainly created for the purpose to work with ease while working with business programs and communications. There are many users who have issues with their respective user status on Lync and need to consider this article. The user’s status automatically changes the status to “Inactive” after every five minutes of inactivity and then changes to “Away” after the five minutes of inactivity on the screen.
If you are worried about the clients, contractors, or the boss watching over the status of yours rather than showing “Available” during the business days then you can easily keep the status to stay active in case you step away in business hours. In this article, you will get to learn the basic steps to keep the MS Office Lync on the active mode without even coming into your boss’s notice. So, without any further discussion let us get started with the topic.
What are the steps to keep the Office communicator in an active mode?
In this section, you will learn the ways to keep the Office communicator in active mode. This is important to keep the professional aspects up and no issues. So, you need to follow the instructions given below to keep the Office communicator alive and active even if you are not working:-
Read Also >> How to use the MS Office doc imaging tool to scan the text?
- First of all, you have to tap on the Gear icon that is clearly visible on the upper right corner of the MS Communicator or MS Lync application.
- After this, choose the “Options” button from the drop-down menu list to complete the process.
- Now, you have to tap on the “Status” option from the right side menu just to reveal the menu options that are relevant to the status on the Lync application.
- Just tap on the upward arrow on the button “Show me as Inactive when my computer has been idle for this many minutes”.
- After this, set the arrow button to the max value and to the 360 minutes.
- To complete the process tap on the “OK” option to apply and save the changes.
- Restart the app to check whether all is working fine or not. You can also try to keep the window inactive for some time to check the same.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article will help you to keep the MS Office Lync while not working or being not present online. However, if you still have issues with the steps or you are stuck in between the process then visit the official website. Here the professional experts in the Customer support team will assist you with the best possible alternatives. Remember, the professional experts are available 24*7 for your assistance.