The MS Office doc Imaging tool is a predefined feature that is just installed by default and comes in Windows 2003 and in the earlier version of the Office. It helps you to convert the text on the scanned images to the word doc. You can easily access the MS Office doc imaging tool to scan the tax or you can even reinstall it on your own. It is a convenient option to reinstall on your Windows operating system rather than purchasing OmniPage or some other commercial OCR program that is known to be Optical Character recognition.
Remember, to reinstall the software programs like Microsoft Office document imaging is comparatively a painless task. Once you have completed the task you can easily scan the text of the doc into the Word. In this article, you will get to learn the steps to effectively use MS Office doc imaging tool to scan the text and place it to the MS Word application. If you have some specific queries related to the Office app related to the topic in discussion then visit office.com/setup.
What are the efficient steps to use the MS Office doc imaging tool?
In this section, you will get the elaborated steps to use the MS office doc imaging tool. Here are the steps that will help you with the process:
- First of all, you have to open the MS Office Doc imaging tool software.
- Just tap on the “Start” button and then go to the “All Programs” followed by “Microsoft Office”, you will find the “Imaging” tool on the group of apps.
- Now, you can start the scanner, you have to just load the docs that you wish to scan.
- Just tap on the “File” option and choose the “Scan New Document” option.
- Next, you have to tap on the “Preset” option.
- Just select the paper source and then scan the document that you wish to scan.
- Remember, the program’s default settings are just to pull down the paper from the doc feeder.
- Tap on the “Scanner” option and then uncheck the box.
- Now, tap on the “Scan” option to initiate the scan button.
- After this, you have to send the text to the MS Word application.
- Once the scanning process is completed, tap on the “Tools” option and then select the option labeled as “Send Text to Word”.
- You will see a window on-screen that gives you choices to store the photos in the Word version.
- Now, edit the document in the Word application.
- In the end, the doc will open the Word app, you can do some of the editing to the file and then save it on the desktop.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article helps you to use the MS Office doc imaging tool to scan the text for the Word application. If you still have some confusion or issues with the steps that we just discussed, you can visit official website. The professional assistants available on the website will provide you the assistance and guidance to resolve the errors and issues if any.