Have you ever heard of a program, tool, or an app that could let you manage your finances all in one place? If not, then you have landed on the right page where we will discuss the all-new development of Microsoft in its Excel application. Microsoft named this new introduction as ‘Money in Excel’ and presented it to the users in the form of a template.
The template is very easy-to-use and can be used even by a layman who does not know much about managing his finances. There are several benefits that it offers to the users about which we will discuss in the upcoming sections. An essential thing to note about this template is that it is exclusively made available for the users residing in the USA.
The said template comes as a part of Microsoft 365 Personal and Family. You can easily start using it by following the instructions given in this article. But before discussing how to get started with using ‘Money in Excel’, we will discuss some of the important features of this template.
With this template, you can easily do the following:
Read Also >> How to compile several Microsoft Word docs in a single file?
- It lets you link your bank account including credit card, loan accounts as well as investment accounts all at one place that too securely.
- You can also have a glance at the financial status of this template so that you can keep a track of all the financial activities.
- There are several options in it to keep your workbook updated. It can be done by syncing the recent transaction details. This can be linked with the account balance of several accounts.
- Accompanied by this, there are several options in it with which you can have deeper insights with the help of graphs, charts, and other such models. These are made automatically based on the data available in the template.
- Not only this, but you can also customize your workbook accordingly.
- There are also some tailored templates available for the users so that they can learn some tips by taking the examples.
Now that we know the features of this amazing template, it’s time to learn about getting started with it.
Easy steps to get started
- First of all, you need to download this Excel template from one of the following locations:
- From the app, navigate the ‘File’ menu and open it. After this, click on ‘Money in Excel’ followed by tapping on ‘Create’.
- In case you are using Excel through a web browser, navigate to the excel.office.com URL and select the said template present under the ‘New’ category.
- Other than this, you can go to the templates.office.com page. Here, you need to click on the ‘Download’ option.
- You can also get your hands on it by navigating to the https://templates.office.com/en-us/money-in-excel-tm77948210 URL from your web browser and follow some easy instructions to get started.
- Once you are done, you will see that your workbook is saved automatically.
- You can also save the file in OneDrive Personal Vault for securing it from the prying eyes. This is done because it contains your financial information and OneDrive has several verification options present in it.
- Other than this, you can secure your workbook using a strong password.
- Once you are done with creating the new template, you will see a pane on the right side of the screen.
- Here, tap on the option reading as ‘Trust this add-in’.
- In the next screen, select ‘Get Started’.
You can finally start using it by signing in with your account. Also, allow some permissions when prompted and then complete the sign-in process once again for verification purposes. Now, you can link your accounts and get started with using it.