Microsoft offers its users several programs with endless features about which you might be unaware of. The same is the case with Microsoft Word that has undergone several changes from 2016. The addition of inking facilities with the help of S pen and so on has made Word, the ultimate document creation tool. Not only this, but it has provided users with another amazing feature i.e. to compile a file of different Word documents.
This feature comes handy when you need to forward all the documents that are correlated in a single file. Although you can copy and then paste the documents one after the other by separating them with sections or headings, this modern way is something you should learn about.
This makes your project look interesting as well as the user of the file can easily navigate to the document of his choice. Just think of a situation where you have to compile hundreds of documents in a single one, then using the ‘copy-paste’ option will take hours to complete. On the contrary, you use this method, about which we are going to discuss in the next section, then you can do it more easily than ever. So, without further ado, let us learn how you can append documents in MS Word.
Steps to append multiple Word docs
Follow the steps given below one-by-one in a systematic way so as to achieve the desired results:
Read Also >> How to insert emojis into the Microsoft Skype application?
- First of all, you have to open the main Word document in which you have to attach other documents.
- Now, expand the ‘Insert’ tab by tapping on it. This option is present next to the ‘Home’ tab.
- After this, locate the ‘Objects’ option.
- Click on the arrow present against ‘Objects’ to open a tiny drop-down menu.
- Next, click on the option of reading as ‘Text from File…’.
- Now, you will have to choose the documents that you wish to append. You can choose documents from different locations as well.
- After selecting the documents, you have to click on the ‘Insert’ option.
- As soon as you do this, the documents appending process will begin and you can now see the inserted into the new Microsoft Word document on which you are currently working.
After making the desired changes, you can save it and use it whenever needed. You can also give this file a new name accordingly.
Another way to append Microsoft Word documents
If in any situation, you are unable to complete the method given above, you may use this method to attach documents in a single file. In this method, we are going to work with the links of the documents:
- After completing all the steps from 1 to 7 the same as the previous section, you have to tap on the down arrow present next to the ‘Insert’ option.
- Here, you have to click on the ‘Insert as Link’ option.
- This will convert the selected documents in a list and you will see them as links on the current document.
This option helps a user in certain scenarios where he wishes to make the document look smaller. But there is a catch in this process of selecting documents. You need to or you should select each document to be attached separately. This will make the distinction between each document link.
Do not worry if you are thinking that the links will be placed one after the other or not. Because doing so, will make the links appear in a systematic way rather than in a disorganized manner.
By the end of the process, you must have realized that spending documents is a fruitful process in many situations. So, what are you waiting for? Try it now.