You have probably landed here because your Microsoft Outlook is giving you a tough time and you are unable to use some of its important features. It doesn’t matter which Outlook version you are using, you may encounter this error on any operating system.
However, the workarounds you will find in this write-up are applicable to Outlook versions Outlook 2016, 2013, and 2010. When Outlook stops working on your PC, you may not be able to share important information among your mates which might further give way to other related issues.
Before you can give these solutions a try, the first you can do is uninstall and reinstall Office software on your device. But, make sure to backup your data before that. Else, try these solutions on Windows 10, 8, and 7.
Top ways to resolve the issue
In case, while using Microsoft Outlook, you see that some or all of its functions are grayed out and you are no longer able to use them, you can try one of the solutions listed here:
Method 1- use Safe Mode to delete faulty add-ins
- Open the ‘Run’ dialog box on your device.
- For this, press the Win+R keys on the keyboard.
- In the given space, enter “Outlook.exe /safe.”
- Either press ‘OK’ or hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Now, go to the ‘File’ tab and select ‘Options’
- From the list, choose ‘Add-ins’ followed by ‘Go.’
- The pop-window will now show up on your screen.
- Here, you need to delete all the third-party add-ins.
Method 2- try creating a new profile
- On your device, open the Control Panel.
- Tap on the ‘Mail’ option to open the ‘Mail’ dialog box.
- After that, click on the ‘Show Profile’ option.
- Now, tap on the ‘Add’ option next to it.
- To proceed further, select the ‘OK’ option.
- Now, provide your email account details, and tap ‘Next.’
- Then, set this new profile as the default profile.
- Close Outlook and open it again.
Method 3- Repair Microsoft Office suite
Doing so will help you get rid of internal errors with Microsoft Office entirely:
- Before beginning, close all the currently running programs.
- The next thing you have to do is navigate to the Control Panel.
- From there, choose ‘Programs and Features.’
- Find Microsoft Office and right-tap on it.
- Now, select the ‘Change’ option followed by ‘Quick Repair.’
- Next up, you need to tap on the ‘Repair’ option.
- Once the process ends, your need to restart your PC.
In this post, we have discussed all the possible ways to get rid of Microsoft Office not working issue. By the end of this post, your problem should have been resolved. If not, there is one more thing you can do and that is removing all the corrupt files of Office from your device. This would surely help you in getting rid of the issue at the earliest.