We all know that Barcodes are mostly used for business functions. The businessmen make effective use of barcodes for tracking their inventory and aligning clients to manage the pieces of the letter and equipment. The MS Office suite includes MS Publisher that is the most primitive application in use when we talk about creating barcodes. In addition to this, the barcodes are used for universal product codes and postal services.
Making effective use of MS Office publishers, the bar codes are created in a well-organized and suitable process using the Barcode generator. Hence, the barcode generator application tool for the MS Office works well with the MS Office 2003 and 2007 versions. If you learn to generate these barcodes in MS Publisher app, then remember it is well-organized and compatible with Windows 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista versions.
5 basic steps to create Barcodes in MS Publisher
In this section, you will get to learn the 5 basic steps to create barcodes in MS Office publisher, just follow the steps carefully that are given below:
Read Also >> How to use the MS Office doc imaging tool to scan the text?
- Open MS Excel to create your data. Remember it should include all the information that you wish to link with the barcode. Just make the columns get your data, the data will transcode and will become the barcode later.
- In the next step, just bold all the data that is visible in the barcode column and go to the “Custom Toolbar” option and tap on the “Settings” option. Remember, you will also have to tap on the “Convert to” option followed by a click on “Image file” and then tap on the “Generate Now” button.
- Now, you just have to save the data and then close the “Excel” app after this opens the “Publisher” application.
- After this, you have to select the label size as preferred by you in the “Publisher” app once it starts. In this section remember all the content is based upon labels on which the barcode is printed.
- In the final step, you just have to tap on the “Tools” option and then click on the “Mailing and catalogs” followed by the “Mail Merge” option. After this tap on the “Picture Field” option to insert the bar code. Remember, you can easily select any of the data that is created in Excel to support the barcodes, it can be the product or a lot of details.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that by now you have understood and learned the steps to make Bar codes using MS Office publisher applications. However, if you are stuck in between the steps discussed or you have some queries related to the topic then we recommend you visit the official Microsoft Office website. You can get information related to the topic we have just discussed in this article that will help you.