Nowadays, people have more leisure time than ever because nobody is allowed to go out. In this leisure time, playing games is the favorite time pass for the people. For playing games, most of them choose Xbox which includes several games ranging from basic to advanced. On top of that, along with enhanced gaming experience, different players can come up together, collaborate, and play with each other. You can have a list of friends with whom you wish to play the game.
On the contrary, there is a special feature in it which allows you to have a real-time conversation with your friends. It has become more than easy to get connected to them by using the Xbox Game Bar app. The feature is specifically available for Windows 10 users using which they can send text as well as voice messages to their friends. The in-game overlay feature is loved by people who use it.
But, most of us do not know how to engage in a real-time conversation with the contacts in our friend list. So, keeping this in mind, I have compiled this easy tutorial for you following which you can do so.
Steps to open the Friends List in Xbox
Before you start chatting with your friends, it is essential to access your friend’s contact list. You can easily access it from the Xbox Game Bar. This bar has several functions including tools for chatting, streaming functions, performance analysis, and so on. Alternatively, you do not have to switch tabs for accessing them altogether.
Read Also >> How to copy MS Office files to the iPad device?
- First of all, from your Windows 10, you need to press ‘Win+G’ keys at the same time.
- This will open up the Xbox Game Bar on your screen. You can press these keys while playing or at any other time.
- If nothing happens after pressing ‘Win+G’ keys, then create a keyboard shortcut.
To create a keyboard shortcut for accessing Xbox Game Bar:
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu.
- After this, tap on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Now, you need to tap on ‘Gaming’.
- Further, you have to select ‘Game Bar’.
- Here, you need to change the ‘Open Game Bar’ shortcut.
- Now, set the shortcut to ‘Win+G’.
- Now, tap on the ‘Overlays’ button. This is displayed by the three horizontal lines.
- Here, you need to select the option reading as ‘Xbox Social (Beta)’.
- As soon as you tap on this option, you will see the Xbox friends list on your screen.
- To add more contacts, you may tap on ‘Search or Add Players’.
Steps to start chatting with friends on Xbox
- After opening your Xbox friends list, choose a contact and double-click on it.
- This will open the chat window on your screen.
- Click on the headset icon to initiate a voice call.
- Or, type and send any message to your friends.
It is not necessary to keep playing a game in order to keep the conversation going. You can use this Xbox feature even if you are not playing a game.