When you think of working together on a single document, then the first thing that comes to your mind is Google Docs. However, that’s not the only tool that provides this functionality, but Microsoft Word also lets you do so.
Most of the people who are working in any organization or institute, prefer using these tools to create documents and files. But when it comes to working together on a single project, they struggle hard to find the solution.
In fact, you need to have the input of your team mates or colleagues and this makes you think how is that possible.
Well, in that case, MS Word can be your true mate on which not only you can work but you can invite others as well.
This not only works best while you need to work together on a project, but also helps at the time when you want the editor to make notes or corrections to your documents.
This is a good alternative which allows you to do real-time collaboration. So, without making anymore delay, let us now have a glance how this can be done directly via the PC or the Web.
Important: before you begin the procedure, you need to ensure that the document on which you are going to collaborate is saved to your OneDrive folder. Else, you will not be able to continue the process.
Steps to collaborate via PC
Read Also >> How to work with “Strikethrough” text in MS Office Excel?
- To initiate the process, you need to open MS Word on your device.
- Now, open the desired Word Doc and go to the ‘File’ section.
- Next, you need to click on the ‘Save As’ option and save the file to OneDrive.
- Further, click on the ‘Share’ button.
- It’s time to add the people with whom you wish to edit the document.
- At this point, you may make the selection whether you want others only to view the document or you want them to edit as well.
- If you select the ‘Allow’ option, it will let others to view as well as edit the document.
- On the other hand, if you select the ‘Block’ option, it will restrict others to download the document you have shared with them.
- Click ‘Apply’ when you are done.
- Now, enter the details of the people who need to collaborate with you.
- Or, copy the link and share it either via WhatsApp or any other messenger.
- Click ‘Send’ and you are done.
Steps to collaborate via Web
When you use the online version of Microsoft Word, you don’t need to install an app in order to collaborate with others. Now, let us learn how to collaborate on a Word file online.
- Go to and open MS Word Online.
- Provide the Microsoft account sign in credentials.
- Either choose the blank document or use an existing one available in OneDrive.
- Further, hit the Share button and repeat the same steps as you did in the earlier one.
- Hit ‘Send’ and the recipients will get the invite to work with you.
Once you are done with your project, you can save the file and share it with whom you wish to or get it printed. This feature is definitely going to help you in removing hurdles from your way at the time of collaboration.